FAME Studio Policies
To be an official FAME student you will need to register for an account through our website which will also register you for our scheduling software. You will be able to see your instructor’s weekly schedule from your account, pay for additional/optional fees and view your student’s individual progress.
ALL ACCOUNTS MUST HAVE A CREDIT CARD ON FILE. You may pay by cash or auto pay through the credit card on file. Monthly lesson program fees are due by the 1st of each month. If cash or credit card payment is not received by close of business on the 5th, a $25 late fee will be charged to your account. Pay As You Go lesson fees are due at the time of booking through our scheduling software.
You are paying for your guaranteed lesson time. Your monthly payment guarantees your weekly lesson time. If you are unable to commit to weekly lessons, we recommend our Pay As You Go option which allows you to pay per lesson. However, your weekly lesson time is not guaranteed with this option and must be scheduled each week based on instructor availability through your FAME account.
Monthly Lesson Program
Lessons are year round. We do not operate on a semester schedule.
- Private lessons 30 min. weekly $140/month
- Group Lessons 30 min. weekly $80/Month – We offer this option for select instruments/programs: guitar, bass, voice, ukulele, violin, recording and live sound production.
- Band Program 60 min. weekly $140/Month
Pay As You Go Program
These lessons are paid at booking.
Lesson charge $45/30 min. or $90/60 min.
- Performance Fee: $50
- Extra accompanist rehearsal- $85/60 min
- Audio Recording/Editing $90/hr
- Video Recording/Editing $90/hr
Refunds are not offered. Any fees paid to the studio are non-transferrable. We must receive e-mail notification before close of business on the 25th day of the month if you choose to cancel your monthly contract.
Monthly Lesson Program
- Once you are signed up for lessons online you will be scheduled for a regular weekly lesson. Lessons are once a week.
- FAME does not follow the School Calendar and is open every day except the following:
- Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and will close at 6pm on New Year’s Eve.
- Make ups are only guaranteed in the case of one of the above holidays or in your instructors absence. Make ups are not guaranteed for student absences. We will do our best to accommodate you based on instructor availability.
- Weather: In the event that the studio closes for severe weather we will do our best to accommodate a makeup based on instructor availability.
Pay As You Go Program
- Your weekly lesson time is not guaranteed and must be scheduled each week based on instructor availability. Payment is due at booking
PLEASE TAKE NOTE that we are unable to guarantee make up lessons if you are in our monthly lesson program. Your lesson time is your lesson time whether you are there or not, so please respect the appointment time. If you are unable to commit to a monthly lesson time/payment, please consider our Pay As You Go option and schedule your lesson each week. Payment is due at booking. A 24-hour cancellation notice is required for Pay As You Go lesson times at which point you may schedule a makeup lesson or receive a studio credit. Refunds will not be offered. Please consider your lesson time a firm commitment. Cancellations must be received via e-mail.
The more the student practices the more proficient he/she will become on their chosen instrument. A big part of musical development is the home practice; if you do not practice, we cannot expect progress to be made.
Suggested practice times:
- Voice Students: Practice 4-5 days a week. 20 minutes of warm up and 20 minutes of assigned pieces.
- Instrument Students: Practice 4-5 days a week for 15-30 minutes.
What to Bring
Voice Students- All music (books and copies), water, and assignment notebook
Instrument Students- All music (books and copies), assignment notebook, instrument and accessories needed.
Students will have at least 2 performance opportunities per year (Winter & Spring). This is NOT a mandatory event for students, however, all students are encouraged to participate.
Band Program students will perform with their bands at our annual Freedom Rocks Performance held in May.
We request students begin to invest in their personal music library. Suggested book lists is available but please consult your teacher to pick the best book(s) for you!
All studio communication will go through e-mail. It is important for us to have everything written down so we can always reference any changes in schedule or cancellations.